Sunday, August 30, 2015

Consciousness and Conscience: The Way of Serving Truth


"At root one searches for God by only one way, i.e. in following the truth with all the sincerity of one's conscience."   (Thomas Merton, from The Courage for Truth, Letters to Writers pg 209- in a letter to Victoria Ocampo) 

We enter the 14 Days of the Waning Moon Phase

Stop now and take a moment to ask:

What was my starting point in this cycle?
What has been added to make my life full in this cycle?
What are my victories, my efforts, no matter how tiny they might seem, that add to the ultimate and 
       inevitable illumination of my life?
What would I wish to keep?
What would I to wish share?
What would I not have added, if given the chance for a do-over (these are called regrets)?

Let these words rest with you again. The wisdom you receive from this reflection will serve you to step out with consciousness (and conscience) in Service to Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment