Saturday, January 14, 2017

Awake Body, Tender Heart, Open Mind

It is no coincidence that the teaching of this cycle of "Learn Truth" has a focus on our senses and that the archetypal Clan Mother of this cycle is "Talks With Relations". Learning is really communication; taking in and processing stimuli from the outside world and from within ourselves, relating our perceptions to others and receiving feedback (and the cycle repeats).

Learning "Truth" occurs when we relate with presence.  When we are present, we suspend judgments, have full awareness and are in relation to all of Creation. In her book, The Five Keys to Mindful Communication, Susan Gillis Chapman teaches us that presence requires an awake body, a tender heart and an open mind. All three are required to fully take in and integrate the lessons being presented to us.

Sara shares: Multiple sources in the waxing parts of this moon cycle have been pointing (sometimes quite strongly) to my need to honor and balance body, heart and mind.  For me, this is a theme that runs through the teachings of the Moon Cycles.  My work for the waning portion of this cycle is to practice presence and awareness in how I relate. I will be aware of how I relate to my own self; body, mind and heart. I will bring that presence to my relationships with others and Creation.  In this way, I am best able to Learn Truth.

Self-Reflection:  What helps me stay awake to what my body teaches me? What helps soften my heart? What helps me keep an open mind?  Do I willingly receive these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment