Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Easing Into Vulnerability


Moving toward vulnerability can feel more like a battle than a journey of growth. As I Learn Truth through actively staying in connection with my life, an am able to set this battle with vulnerability aside. I turn my attention to what I might learn in opening my heart and my mind to what I am with in each moment.  Just to notice, closely, and sense what I have not sensed before.  Becoming vulnerable is a practice of small steps and self-checks. I notice my level of awareness with myself and the world around me.  I intentionally look for what I might learn anew. When I do this in all areas of my life, little by little; repeat by repeat, my vulnerability will take care of itself.

Self Reflection:  Am I aware of the places in my life where I squirm? What about the people, places, and things, I try to avoid? Do I have places where I doubt myself on a regular basis? Do I have activities I put off until crunch time, or crisis management is required?  I can take comfort in knowing I am not alone in answering 'yes' to any of these, or to all of them.  This is the front line for my battle with vulnerability.  Can I set the battle aside just for one moment?  And maybe another moment and another, until I don't need this set-aside practice any longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment