Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Some of Our Parts Are Slow to Change, but Shift Happens

I often look back at my previous years' moon cycle writing to see where I was in my life in the previous year(s). I came across my writing from the first blog for the Closing Moon (we called it 'dark' moon back then).  I was a bit shocked to read a very similar theme of self-awareness and self-analysis. When I read through my post, I was at first let down, questioning if I have made any progress at all.
But as I read it again, more slowly and with a compassion I would offer to anyone struggling with their way of living life.
I have made changes, albeit sometimes the change feels small.
I have grown as a woman, I hope more into a wise woman.
I AM more willing to be in truth as I currently understand it.
I AM more willing to be with the truth of others--even when I'd rather not.

Self Reflection: I take time to name and appreciate the small shifts in my way of being. I take time to have compassion for where my change is slow.

2 comments:

  1. Part of the paradox of growing in truth and awareness is this: As our eyes and hearts are opened, we see more clearly when we are out of alignment. Sometimes it can feel like we are making no progress, when in fact we are. We are just more aware of the state of wholeness toward which we are growing and more aware that we aren't there yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! 'Wholeness' is a journey. We were born already whole, and our life is the journey of becoming ever more whole--we grow to become whole with all of Creation



      Delete