Sunday, February 12, 2017

How Fear Inhibits and Invites Truth

Carolyn Shares:  Lisa's mandala and her reflective share speak deeply to me about the courage and steadfastness required to Honor what is True.  I have come to recognize my tendency to retreat into vagueness when I don't want to recognize a 'truth'.  At times, my fear around taking in what is the truth is so strong my being resorts to becoming physically, emotionally or spiritually 'ill'.  Fear of Truth also has resulted in my numbing out through over indulgence-in substances such as food and drink, emotional binges, lethargy... Fear of Truth--fear of what might be true.  I recognize so many times where my behavior and attitudes have been geared toward keeping Truth at bay.
I am grateful for the Truth Cycles, gently inviting relationship between me and Truth.  Each month with the ebb and flow of the moon cycle, supported by the unique energy of the new, waxing and waning days of each cycle, I have a chance to gently invite myself to ever deeper relationship with Truth.  In doing so, I find I am developing a deeper relationship with my self as well.  I have more awareness of and about myself. I make choices about my behavior that I think I would not have had the awareness to make, even six months ago.  The gentle, ongoing encouragement toward Truth has become a resting place for me.  I am grateful.  I will keep receiving and honoring Truth the best I am currently able. Despite my fears, maybe even because of my fears, I will stay on this path.
Tonight, I sleep well under the care of the waning February moon.

Self Reflection: In these days of chaos and turmoil, where do I find my courage and steadfastness to Honor what is Truth?  Sitting in community I will find kindred support.

No comments:

Post a Comment