Thursday, February 23, 2017

Nearing the End of February's Waning Moon



The February Moon Review for the Full Moon turned out to be exactly what my waning moon experience has been for this month! My suggestion was to RE-member (put together again)and to use ‘re-member-ing’ to piece together parts of our life, examining our attempts to preserve our version of our history. These past two weeks have literally offered me an experience of seeing a broader and deeper truth surrounding my childhood memories and perceptions. I am seeing and feeling myself in ways that I had blinded myself to.

Brief summary of what's going on: At the beginning of this moon cycle I began working with a Jungian Analyst Diplomat, exploring my personal history via my dreams and the memories which rise-up from the exploration of these dreams. The result has been a somewhat alarming awareness of how distorted and protective my perceptions of my childhood have been.  This experience reminds me that it IS REALLY important to have a supportive witness as we endeavor to see our lives more truthfully and with wisdom.  We must be gentle and non-blaming with ourselves as we come to know the fullness of our personal truths- necessary if we are to become our wisest selves. 

When the thoughts for the full moon and closing moon inspiration came to me while writing the MoonCircleJournal prompts for February', I had no idea the writing would, several years later, as I write in the published journal, quite literally be speaking to me!  My two weeks have been quite full, as well unsettling--yet, all is fundamentally good. I am also blessed to have a good support system. I am held in a beloved sisterhood, broad, wide, deep. And so are you, dear reader, if you choose to Honor your Truth and receive the wisdom kept here for you.

Self Reflection: I do not hesitate to reach out for support, for what I need, for what I want to share, and to receive and share a bit of sisterhood support.


No comments:

Post a Comment