Wednesday, April 26, 2017

New Moon for May Brings the gift of Hearing Truth

This is the last of the moons for the season of spring. The May's Moon is the cycle for Hear Truth and invites us to listen to ourselves first-our inner voice, our out-loud voice (Is it whiny, seductive, open-hearted, compassionate?  Does it change depending on who we are speaking to?) Learn to listen from the metaphor of a ‘blank slate’.

The color reflecting the May moon is obsidian or black. In deep blackness, there is no influence to what we hear-other than ourselves. The Celtic medicine wheel invites us to have compassion for ourselves during this final month in the season of the east. We are learning how to hear ourselves above all the din and distraction of ruminating thoughts, worries, unfounded fears etc. All this takes practice, and having enough compassion for ourselves to keep re-committing to the practice of listening.

Listening, to oneself, what is it that I am REALLY saying? to myself? to others? What are others are saying. There are so many levels of communication. What would I need to change in my life to develop the skill of discernment and use it in my abilities to listen? Listen to what is really being said, listen to my intuition, listen to my conscience, listen to the voice of the Creator, and listen for the real NEED underneath the WANT, from myself and from those with who I am in relationship.

Self Reflection: Am I willing to listen? Am I willing to hear, and am I willing to take action on what I hear? Can I discern the differences in the voices of my ego, my spiritual essence and Divine voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment