Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Love Truth and the Way of Our Mind PART TWO

Carolyn Shares: As I sit in meditation and continue watching the thoughts of my mind, always inviting her toward stillness, the flavor of her thought patterns becomes clear. My mind has a story, a number of stories. I recognize these stories aren’t necessarily true. They have been created by my beliefs, which are based largely on my past experiences, things other people have told me, and my observations (which are colored by my experiences, beliefs and information received from others).  As I become aware of the origin of the stories of my mind, I recognize my own influence on my mind’s patterns. What I feed my mind reflects my how I love and care for her. Do I fill her with experiences and images that inspire, uplift and grow? Or do I feed her violence, resentment and fear, a need for power and control?

Self Reflection: To love my mind is to treat her well, and to nourish her with supportive food for thought. To love the Truth of her as she is moment to moment, requires I am willing to see my part in how I have encouraged both her loving and destructive qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment