Sunday, June 25, 2017

Loving the Truth of All Aspects of ‘Me’: Starting with My Body PART TWO

To Love Truth means to live in acceptance of what is shown us; which ultimately means we come to love the very thing we have had difficulty accepting.

Carolyn continues her share: "Following my imaginary walk with my body, I became aware of a new, clear intention to actually spend time and energy loving my body. Today I felt myself wanting to love her and care for her. And because of her trust in sharing her truth with me,  I heard clearly how she experienced me as always rushing, and the cost of that behavior to her health and ability to give me what I want and ask of her. She reflected to me (as do all our relationships reflect a larger truth to us) the rushing behavior that is so prevalent in almost all areas of my life.  How, just like cramming food down my throat, I cram way too much into my day and my schedule. She, my body, who is servant to the rest of me, pays the price. Her care is the first thing I have been setting aside in favor of other 'necessities' on my calendar. Of course, all this can change, must change. I will practice loving her, and I will stop putting off until tomorrow what is called for today.  I believe that is called 'living in the present'. It is the best prevention for warding off the phrase "it's too late".  This lesson has been hard won in the 60+ years I have already lived. My body sharing her wisdom and experience with me lets me know I have a choice."

Self Reflection:  Am I willing to live in balance in my life, in balance with my body?

No comments:

Post a Comment