Monday, July 31, 2017

Serving Truth Requires Balance

Sara writes: To Serve Truth, I must have balance.  I cannot sustainably fulfill my calling if I do not feed all the necessary parts of my life and my self.  My list of cyclically neglected parts includes; body care (nutrition, exercise, sleep, medical), relaxation, fun, creative work, time with loved ones, meeting my commitments, financial stewardship and nurturing my business.

To have balance, I must have both awareness and discipline.  I must make conscious choices.  I must be honest with myself about the consequences of those choices.  Then, I must stay on track and follow through with my choices.  A couple years ago, it came to me that "Discipline is integrity in working clothes "Discipline is integrity in working clothes".   I am gradually learning that when I have a choice between 'doing what feels good' and 'doing what makes me feel good about myself', the latter is almost always the choice that is in alignment with my Purpose.

Self Reflection:  Do I feel the difference between 'doing what feels good' and 'doing what makes me feel good about myself'?

1 comment:

  1. Your Cowgirl post hit both my heart and mind, Sara. I think I can better integrate discipline now via your images and descriptions--the "mortar" to anchor my life's mosaic tiles...and "gentle traction" to align, to serve my Purpose. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete