Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Before the Clean Up, Be Willing to See the Truth of the Mess


Earlier contemplation posts suggested taking time for reviewing recent experiences and behaviors.  Patterns in my behavior appear when I practice this kind of review.

As I stand and look over what I have judged as a mess of my life, I CAN spot
-a few tiny but luminous victories 
-some positive results from modest efforts
-a couple of ideas worth sharing (like this post?)
-a certain memory I shall keep and hold dear
-and yes, a couple of behaviors where I’d like do-over

Thankfully, THE Service Master arrives bringing tools:
1) Gathering with a few others to review the scene before any action (just be sure they aren’t enablers)
2) Praying (remember the running out the door prayer-that is enough)
3) Contemplating  (which means watching and listening and hearing)
4) Receiving help (as gracefully as currently possible)
5) Taking a ‘do-over’ and humbly beginning again (as many times as needed)

Self Reflection: What are the tools I am needing/willing to use? Do I need outside help?

No comments:

Post a Comment