Friday, August 4, 2017

Frustration and Serving Truth


Not feeling good enough, smart enough, energized enough or deserving enough, is what keeps us from being able to Serve Truth; even when we ARE willing to be of service. Because these feeling-states (all those 'enough's') are not based on Truth, but rather on illusion and misconception, it is incredibly difficult to be in service of truth from this way of being.

In Michael Singer’s book 'The Surrender Experiment', he writes of his commitment to accept  whatever it is he is asked to do--even when he is in doubt about his abilities, or if the request doesn’t make sense in his logical mind.  This commitment is an act of faith; a faith which develops over time.  Having faith allows us to move past our need to be 'enough', and to serve without any need to predict the outcome.  It is an act that develops with practice.  It does not just happen. We must ask and invite it to become a part of our life.

Prayer and contemplation are key to receiving the direction we need, and to hear what 'Service to Truth' is being asked of us. 


Self Reflection:  I become aware of what weighs me down. As the full moon approaches, I begin sorting what am I willing to release my control over, and what guidance I am now willing to receive, so I may be more visible and freer to serve the world and  my true self.

No comments:

Post a Comment