Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Only Time Free Will is Truly Free

Our Will is perhaps the biggest gift we are given as human beings.  When others are able to co-opt our Will, when we give them use of our gift--we become a sort of slave to their whim and worry, at the very least.  At the worst, however, because the Will is an instrument for our life force, by living according to other people's will, our life force is no longer available to us to live our life fully, with the health, vitality and creativity that is our birth right.  This shows up in our life in various forms of illness, depression an inability to trust or rely on our intuition etc.

Additionally, our ego distorted and malfunctioning ego takes over the use of the will in collusion.  This renders any sort of discipline, dependability and discernment pretty much impossible.

So what is the solution?  Imagine this, we, after a being is incarnated as body and soul , The Creator/Divine hands us a little package. "Here", Creator says, "here is the tuning fork for your life force. Use it well."  Poof.  We are born.  The exact things required to have our will be useful for us --discipline, discernment, and dependability -- are not available to us as newly born human beings.  We are born helpless in meeting our own needs. These things develop through right use of Will.  This is a paradox, an oxymoron! 

The only way to keep and use this gift for our growth and transformation is to hand it over to the One who gave us the gift in the first place.  We WILL find that the freest and most profound use of our will occurs only when we give it back to The Divine and run all of our life force back through the Original Source of all life.  We know these moments because we experience ease, support, discipline, clarity, hope, feelings of love and acceptance, and the awareness that all is fundamentally well. Probably all of us have had these moments.  The power and energy of these times can be so powerful we are overwhelmed and snatch back our will in an automatic reaction of fear for the unfamiliar.

Carolyn writes;  This is my experience of when things are going to well or are 'too good to be true':  I take back my Will and go back to doing things 'my way' or 'other's way'. The struggle of 'my way' and the painful restriction of being under other's control is more familiar.  I may not thrive in this space, but, so far,  I have survived. I also take back my will when I feel life is going too fast for my comfort zone.  I will find some way (crisis) to bring a halt to my progress so I can return to a more familiar, even if uncomfortable way of living.

Self Reflection:  What are the areas in my life where I am likely to give my will over to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment