Thursday, September 21, 2017

Aligning your Dreams, Desires, Goals and Vision

Sara writes:  To be honest, when I sat down with the four circles of 'Dreams', 'Desires', 'Goals' and 'Vision' this morning, I wondered why on earth we had chosen four words that meant the same thing. Then I started writing:

  • Desires-what my heart is calling for, that for which I feel a lack or emptiness 
  • Dreams-what I would love to have in my life.  Again mostly what I don' have (yet)
  • Goals-what I hope to accomplish, in specifics
  • Vision-how I see myself manifesting in the world and how the Universe manifests around me
I remember a time, about 13-14 years ago when a similar exercise (in the middle of a corporate  retreat) nearly caused a complete emotional breakdown.  I was living my life trying to fulfill someone else's desires, reach goals that had been set by those who controlled my financial future, had room only for the dream of safety and didn't dare let myself look at a vision of how my life was manifesting.

When we are not in touch with our inner self, we lose the ability to weave a coherent web.  Those four apparently similar words end up disconnected when they do not spring from our own inner truth,  from our own core wisdom.  


Self Reflection: Are my Dreams, Desires, Goals and Vision in alignment?  Can they all be contained and supported by the web I am weaving with my choices and my life?

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Well articulated, Sara. The corporate world must seem so far away now in light of your journey. Thank you for sharing in the midst of the fire. Change is certain. You are steady amidst the change.

    ReplyDelete