Sunday, September 3, 2017

Being Faithful to Truth Life to Truth

"The ultimate source of courage, of 'fidelity to truth,' is fidelity to the light that is in us which is from God. May you find again within yourself the deep life-giving silence which is genuine truth and the source of truth: for it is a fountain of life and a window into the abyss of eternity and God."  (Thomas Merton in correspondence to Boris Pasternak in collected letters, Courage for Truth, 1958)

Carolyn understanding: Fidelity to truth is my faithfulness to what I currently understand as Truth, for the more I am faithful to my current understand the more Truth seems to come to light.  This I have come to know, and I find the silence of twilight a nightly metaphor. It reminds me of the the recurring truth that going willingly into the depths of the dark abyss of night will ultimately lead me to the source and fountain of life. And this 'fountain of life' reveals herself-- as in the ever present, though not always visible, morning star.

Self reflection: I find myself in the deep life giving silence of the twilight time. Here I can be faithful to my commitment to Live Truth, as I currently understand Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment