Sunday, September 24, 2017

There Are Many Ways to Have a Vision for Your Life

Visions have always been difficult for me.
I sense an opening, rather than seeing a well laid out path;
a kaleidoscope of images, rather than a clear picture;
ways of feeling and being, rather than having and achieving.
Is this a tangible way of visioning?
Or, am I like a boat in the sea of possibility, without a rudder?

Carolyn writes:  I've always hated those vision exercises with instructions to write down clear visions for the future, or  business growth, or what my life will be like in 1, 5 10 years from now.  I rarely get 'clear' visions.  I get brief flashes of image and a lot of 'felt sense'/feelings that are more like a kaleidoscope of possibilities rather than a clearly defined path to the future. I realized today how much shame I have been carrying about not being able to create a clear vision. I was asked in an interview to share about my vision, embarrassment and shame were lumps in my throat as my mind flipped through my mental Rolodex  wanting to grasp something inspired, or at least acceptable.

But, the interviewer, in her wisdom, gave me a wonderful gift.  She gave me permission to have my vision my way, and she validated it, and most important, truly seemed to understand it.  Having a vision for how I want to feel and be in the future, rather than what I wanted to be doing and what my life looked like, isn't so odd after all.

Self Reflection: How do you create vision for your life, for living, working, walking your Truth?





No comments:

Post a Comment