Monday, October 30, 2017

A Firsthand Experience with Sharing Truth

Carolyn shares: On my journey of learning what it means to 'Share Truth', I've had many firsthand lessons. One such lesson happened as I woke up early one Sunday morning with an intense awareness that I needed to do something for a woman who was about to undergo a very serious operation. If I said 'yes' to this spiritual nudging, it meant giving up a good chunk of my afternoon and evening.  It also meant I would be giving away a shawl I had spent a great deal of time and effort creating.  I felt my hesitation about both things-giving up my time and letting go of an object of beauty I had become attached to.

But, the awareness would not leave me alone. During my morning meditation, the nudging became stronger. So, I rearranged my day, and that afternoon took the train to the city, hailed a taxi to the hospital and offered the shawl.

The other part of this story is that in this nudging awareness, I also felt an insistent urging to hold a healing ceremony for blessing and protection.  My tendency is to keep this 'sacred object' wrapped up and hidden safely away from view, as if it were only for a 'special occasion'.  I act as if I were keeping some kind of sacred 'secret' and I don't share about it, or offer it to others, as though somehow my not sharing and keeping it hidden away was being humble (by the way, I have learned that not sharing  is never humble). As I observe this behavior in myself, it seems rather that I more selfish  by not letting others see or share the fullness of who I am and what I am able to offer, and by not sharing what I have been given. This, unfortunately is a lesson where I seem to need repeated teaching!

This is what I have learned: Sharing Truth is an action step.  It's not enough to have the concepts, or know the principles of Truth.  I must be willing to share actively ALL of myself-All the Truths of Me when asked, when needed.

Self Reflection: Am I willing to share actively ALL of myself-All the Truths of Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment