Sunday, October 22, 2017

Cultivating Compassion

True service to others (not serving with a hidden agenda) is one meaning of Share Truth. Service to others can dissolve shame. Through service, the mask our self reliance will give way to experiencing the other, for whom we do service.  In a way, the playing field of life is leveled. When we can experience the other in their need, we are more able to experience our own need, and begin to see our self as we truly are.  In this way, shame diminishes.  Compassion is born.  We see others, we see our True self.  
Service strengthens the roots of compassion and dissolves the the roots of shame. 

Self Reflection:  Where in my life do I offer to be of service to others?  Am I willing to cultivate this service, bringing well-being to others and to myself as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment