Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dreaming the Web

What does it mean to have a dream where children are jumping on your web like a trampoline?
That was the dream that woke me up, and I couldn't get the image out of my head.

As it would happen, a friend of mine, an 'Irish elder' happened to call me later in the morning. I couldn't resist sharing my dream with her.  She is second generation in the US, but I still hear the Irish brogue of her ancestors in the wisdom coming through her:  Here is the essences of her counsel:
"Ahhh, well, you know, in the old ways, the spider is the totem for the weavers of wisdom. It sounds like your being asked to be a place for the children to come to learn wisdom and be nourished. Just now there's a dearth of nourishment on the planet for our children.  And a dearth of caring for your own inner-child as well.  And I don't mean you should be enabling her...and don' take yourself too seriously either. There's way too much of that."

I choose to take my dream seriously.  I hope I'm not taking myself too seriously. I'm glad to say my web in my dream seemed quite bouncy and resilient.

Self Reflection Prayer:  May the weaving of our lives be resilient, strong and flexible.  May they be places for sharing wisdom, nourishment and fun, for ourselves and for others,  most especially children.



No comments:

Post a Comment