Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gratitude Replaces Resolutions


Carolyn Shares:  I try to be positive every time the end of December draws near, but I am most always crabby as I approach the final weeks of the year.  For me, there is a difference between the idea of starting over everyday and starting over in a 'new year' with a set of resolutions. So, here is my resolution solution:

The 13th Moon cycle, 'Be Truth', arrives during these weeks as well. For those of us who use the moon cycles as guides for growth and change the date of the ‘Real’ new year begins with the New Moon for January. One that day/night, we will take a deep breath in, and breathing out, start on the next leg of our journey.  

As we look for this new cycle to begin, do a review of the past year by asking for Guidance and Wisdom to see the Truth of your journey.  For the struggles there may have been that don’t yet make sense, set a place of gratitude for what is yet to be revealed.  For any successes, great and small, give yourself appreciation.  Sit in Praise for the journey that has been, and yourself for making the journey up to this point.  Rest in place.  Just rest and have gratitude for yourself, your fellow journeyers and the earth upon which we all travel.  Taking these remaining days of the waning moon phase to rest in thanksgiving without giving into new plans or resolutions will give more energy and clarity in the week to come as we prepare to step into the starting block for the 'real' beginning of a new year.

Self Reflection: This year instead of writing resolutions for the coming year instead, take time to reflect  with writing a gratitude list. Trust the time for new will come after this period of rest and reflection.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll probably do a slightly different take. I'm one of those people who feel really awkward forcing myself to be grateful all the time. Sometimes, things really are hard, or I really am frustrated, and I think it's healthy to acknowledge my feelings and not try to stuff them away and say, "Stop that, you really should just sit there and be grateful for all that you have." That seems artificial. So, what I will do, instead, is spend time every day acknowledging where I am in my journey and just NOTICING my surroundings, my feelings, and what's going on around me. Not judging, just noticing. That seems to help me just as much as making myself be grateful for something every day. I end up being glad for the birds, glad for the sky, glad for my family and energized to face the inevitable challenges that life brings every day. So, that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so wise, Sue Ann! Noticing and accepting what is!

    ReplyDelete