Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cave of the South: Innocence and Will

The second cave is the cave of the South.  Energy of youth and innocence in Jamie Sams' writing.  Also traditionally the energy of fire and action.

My mind (energy of the first cave) is frequently not my friend.  It is often a tool of the ego; the vehicle thorugh which my intentions and actions become distorted and redirected into protecting my small self, the part of me which sees itself separate from the Divine.

Like a child, I am distractable.
Like a child, I ignore and procrastinate in the hope that what is "not fun" will go away.
Like a child, I want dessert first.

From this direction, comes much of my self-sabotage; the distractability and small-willfulness of a child.  What do I need to use this energy to my healing and growth?

As Wisdom Keeper  says "in innocence and humility, there is a great power that transcends self-importance, which is the mask that humans use to hide their insecurities and their pain." (p. 62)

I am called to become In-Nocent:  Literally, not guilty.  To enter the state before sin, prior to my perceived separation from the Divine.  To be truly innocent would elminate the need to divert or protect.

I am called to become as a child and trust in God, the Universe and Everything to hold me, and to direct me (if I will only listen and obey).  I am called, repeatedly, to turn my will and my life over to the care of that which is beyond and within me.

I am called to embrace the innocence of youth.  To relax into what is and allow joy to bubble to the surface.  To delight in the small things.

To channel Exuberance in the service of the Divine incarnated in my Self.



1 comment:

  1. Sara; I am thinking about the connection of the innocent child and 'not guilty' child. When I am in a place of accepting 'I don't know...", I am innocent, not guilty and maybe, just maybe more open to receive that knowing from the Divine, rather than to put on the mask of ego and pretend or make that I do know. I hadn't ever thought of in-Nocent in that way. HMMMM WoW.

    ReplyDelete