Friday, August 7, 2015

Knowing and Accepting the Truth for the Creative Aspect of My Life.

This poem came to me as I sat in my morning contemplation:

Oh, that I would be the lily of the field,
Or the bird on the wing,
Or the seed in the soil,
How would I be if I were these?
Life would flow from me,
              and through me,
                             and in me.
I would be both the river and the river bed.

How is it that I am not that now?
I am rather the dam that stops the flow of me,
              of Grace through me out into the world.

To know and accept the Truth as it is in my creative life, [my work, how I spend my leisure time (if in fact I consciously give myself play time), my attention to my finances, and my philanthropy] requires willingness to know Truth, no matter what I fear Truth might be (I do confess it is never, ever as bad as I fear it will be.).   Harder yet, is to accept the immense creative fullness of Truth as creator has ordained it for me, for all of us. 


I pray for the willingness and grace to know and accept the Truth of my creative, abundant being;  remove my dam, let my life flow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment