Friday, January 6, 2017

Being Reminded We ARE 'Talks WIth Relations'

Karin Shares: Early on a brisk 45 degree morning, my husband and I set out on one of the top 10 Texas trails (less than a mile away from our apt!) along the Barton Creek. The creek has burgeoned into a wide river from all the rain we've received, tinted with deep olives to Caribbean blue-green. At times it whooshes in white rapids over limestone boulders to still clear pools at the banks. I squat to rest my hands on small boulders upended and keeping watch at the water's edge. In a burst of energy, I run through sprinkling rain, knowing that a cold front is arriving, happy that the skies are clearing the cedar pollen. I am suddenly stopped by the sweet jit-jit of 3 tiny green and yellow birds with needle-like black beaks, flitting on branches laden with flood debris. They pay me no heed as they chatter to each other. I love this month of listening to and communing with the nature beings in Austin. 

Carolyn's Note: To me, Karin's sharing reflects her willingness to embody the January wisdom that Jamie Sams called "Talks With Relation'.  This wisdom is within each of us, we need only be willing to embrace it.


Self Reflection: I conciously embrace the wisdom of my own being.  How does this change the way I feel about my body?  

No comments:

Post a Comment