Friday, January 27, 2017

Mandala and Inspiration for the February New Moon

copyright Lisa Kay 2016

February New Moon Mandala

I created this mandala drawing on a snowy gray day. The sky was oppressively beautiful;  Mother Earth  stunning! The set of gray pastels that used to draw the background, I have had since my undergraduate art school days. For some reason, this seems important to mention. The nautilus shell magazine image I recycled from a "Soul Collage" that I created years ago. This seems important to mention also. I hear the chorus of Joni Mitchell's Circle Game.  I "go round and round and  round" the moon cycle circle remembering my stories.

"And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game."


After listening to February's New Moon call, these words flowed.  

K/now
Know now,
Notice,
Taste a new vision,
Take note.
Notice.
Being mindful of old visions;
Welcome the new 
Truth(s)
Trust.
Honor the resolute.

Self-Reflection:  What in my history is circling round for me to contemplate?

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, your visioning of Honor Truth really speaks to me. And I had to go look up the definition of resolute, to be sure I understood. To be steadfast, unwavering, purposeful,embracing...the truth I am able to see in myself, in others. That would be my prayer, the grace I ask to receive from Creator. The shell reminds me two things...listening for the everpresent sounding of creation, and that the jouney is an eternal spiral, both inward and owtward.

    ReplyDelete