Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Resentment Prevention

It's hard to walk in truth in the world  with resentment as a body guard.

In my own life, I see how I have used my resentments as sentinels to protect my feelings, my ego and my needs.  Instead of developing clean and appropriate boundaries, I learned to carry around a psychic clip board reminding me of the hurtful  things people, places and things had and could inflict on me. Using this awareness helped me remain in an almost constant posture of defense, Not only is this stance terribly wearing on the physical body, it prevents an accurate assessment of our world and of ourselves.

Self Reflection: Am I willing to learn how to ask clearly for what I need or want, to state my preferences, to be able to accept disappointments, and make different (often better) responses/choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment