Thursday, October 26, 2017

Courage to Share the Truth of 'Me"

Courage:  The lion in The Wizard of Oz thought he lacked Courage.  He didn't lack courage.  He was ruled by fear and an overrated sense of needing to be in control. 

Fear in its' proper place is an invitation to 'Pay attention to what is coming (next)'.  Ironically, this is also what having a crow fly into your life also means in an interpretation as an animal  totem.  For many of us, when fear comes up we automatically go into hiding or into control mode--our instinctive 'best options' for safety. 

Self-reflection:  Am I in touch with how fear impacts my life? Am I willing to step back (the next blog topic) and pay attention?  Paying attention can lead me to seeing what is possible.  Seeing what is possible opens the space for courage if fear does not take control.

P.S. Carolyn's personal share: A number of years ago I was invited to use the Serenity Prayer as a daily practice in my life.  When I go into control mode, I hear a little voice in my head:

Self Reflection: (God) grant me the serenity 
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment