Monday, November 13, 2017

The Waning Moon in Winter Can Get Really Dark

Perhaps it's all the holiday lights that make the dark seem even darker.
Certainly it is the ever shortening days that remind us of just how dark it can get.
Not just in the out of doors, but within ourselves as well.
All the cheeriness and sparkling lights can seem to make a dark mood darker as well.

No shadow is cast in this deep darkness.
We need not be distracted or frightened by their distortions.
We can choose to slow down and be present to the growing dark. 
We can choose to sit with the darkness and come to know it better.

For the gift of this time of growing dark is that, in the end
the deeper the dark the easier to recognize
The small flicker of light that is eternal within us.

Self Reflection: I will embrace my times of darkness. I will let my inner eyes adjust and I will see the small flicker of eternal light within.

1 comment:

  1. Aho, Carolyn. An apt reflection for me to ponder this time of receding light and longer nights.

    ReplyDelete