Sunday, June 4, 2017

Nurturing the Desire to Speak Truth

I want to speak the truth about my life.
The real truth!
The Truth of my gifts, skills and talents
The Truth of my longings and dreams
The Truth of how my life experiences have formed me, so far.
I want to speak about this to others and share my journey.
Perhaps what I share will benefit their life.
Or maybe, in sharing I will see my own story more clearly and it will benefit me

In sharing, I will likely begin to see parts of the story that no longer ring true.
Could I be brave enough to drop them from my script?
And let a new cleaner, clearer, story emerge-more True?

My desire to Speak Truth requires gathering:
Gathering my energy
Gathering my thoughts
Gathering my experiences
Gathering ideas, inspirations
Gathering my gifts, skills and talents
Gathering my dreams and hope
Gathering discipline and willingness
Gathering together with those with whom I would share
and risk being seen in my unfinished truth

I gather up, too, all those parts and pieces
That no longer serve me.
That are distortions of Truth.
That keep my Truth from being seen.
Perhaps woodpecker will come and clear them off, just as he did for Pine, the Tree of Peace.

Woodpecker, as totem, pecks away at deception until truth is revealed.

Self Reflection:  If woodpecker happens into my life, I can know I am being supported in letting go of any self-deception--if I am willing.






No comments:

Post a Comment