Tuesday, June 13, 2017

When I don't know what to say...

When I don't know what to say, or if what I would say is going to cause harm to another being or myself, then I don't say anything. I wait.
I ask for guidance and I ask the speaker within to speak a positive truth.
If there is no positive truth, I wait more. I don't say anything, I keep seeking the positive truth.

What is a positive truth?
A positive truth is a truth which causes no harm to others, myself, animals and other creatures or the environment in which I live.
A positive truth does not mean it is an easy truth.  It does mean that the words shared are not about power-over, shaming, sarcasm, ridicule or manipulation of any kind.
To practice speaking in this way requires discipline and practice.
Am I willing to be this kind of speaker?

Self Reflection: Do I speak positive truth, causing no harm to myself or others? Am I willing to be silent if I cannot speak in this way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment