Thursday, September 7, 2017

Contemplation as an Act of Reviewing and Releasing

We bring our experiences, our efforts and intentions from our day into a few moments of just sitting in silence and letting them pass through our mind and our feeling—a review of who, how and what we were in our day.  This act of quiet sitting at the end of the day is the way to release what is not working in our life. In contemplation, Creator becomes the listening partner and adviser in the beauty of the setting of the sun.  How different it is to release our difficulties and struggles, to let go of what is not working, to be consciously in communication with the source of our being, rather than to escape or numb out to our life.

We learn the Truth of our life through contemplation. Through contemplation we learn to release what no longer serves us, without escaping, without numbing out through our habits and addictions. Through contemplation, we are given the gift to live life with intention.


Self Reflection: Do I have a daily practice of reviewing and reflecting on my day?  If I do, how might I further strengthen my practice?  If I don't, am I willing to embrace this practice to support my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment