Monday, July 24, 2017

To Serve Truth is to First Love Self

Ultimately, If we are to be healthy and whole, we must love what we serve.
Otherwise, our serving will likely carry a level of resentment or resistance, and ulterior motive.
We practice Serving Truth-which is serving God/Creator/Great Mystery--by serving our the Truth of our own self first.

The more I do this work of consciously living  these cycles, year after year, I find I am called over and over to love myself more.  I find that my ability to love (hence, serve) Truth is limited to my ability to Love (not the same as indulge-darn-it!) my own being-ALL parts of me, and to serve this being that is 'me'.

It is only from this place that I am finally able to experience the immense flow of love that comes in those fleeting moments I am humbly surrendered to Serve truth.

Self Reflection:  I acknowledge the areas in my life where I love my own being. I also acknowledge where I 'indulge' my being in ways that do not serve my Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment