Friday, February 17, 2017

Taste and Know


A Sharing from Karin:
Taste and Know

You feed me a piece of Truth, but I can't stomach it. 
As a single bite, I don’t get it!
Embittered, I avoid You
Whilst searching my heart and history.
Moon waxing, relationship strained, I relent:
“A whole portion, please.”
And this time I Listen,
Chew on it, let it digest.

She comes into her Fullness, brilliant in the Heavens!
And suddenly, I see mySelf reflected in your words.
Schemata rearranged, outdated ideas updated,
A new slice of Truth illuminated.

How do I come to Know mySelf?
It is through relationship--
To You, Her, Him,
To All in Heaven and Earth.

When I Inquire and Listen,
Taste and Swallow,
Body and Soul metabolize together,
ONE history recognizes ALL histories.

Under her diminishing light, I sit in grateful wonder.
You offer another morsel.


Self Reflection:  Am I willing to taste...and know?

No comments:

Post a Comment