Thursday, August 3, 2017

One Minute Running Out the Door Alignment Prayer

 I like my rituals to be uninterrupted, so I plan them for early dawn hours. In these days, at the close of summer holidays, schedules are getting back in sync for fall—school, work, whatever.  These schedule changes call for adjustments in my personal routines, as well.

My morning ritual takes some time, and part of the frustration of these end of August days is when the morning changes interrupt MY morning prayer and contemplation routine. 

When this happens, I have a one minute ritual, my ‘running out the door into my day prayer’.  As I go out the door I notice whatever it is Creation presents to me from nature: a tree, bird, animal, the morning star or the moon. 

I notice and I say: “Good morning, Creator, thank you for listening; thank you for hearing, thanking you for being.  Your being allows my being. I ask (insert a request for a definitive support for your day).” Then I say again.  “Thank you, thank you.  A million, million times thank you.”  

When this becomes a committed one minute ritual of every day, life changes for the better.  This prayer sets a template for our day. Try it! 

PS: This prayer is an adaption I learned through the teaching that originated with Twylah Nitsch.

Self Reflection: As I leave my home for the day, I notice whatever it is Creation presents to me from nature and greet the day: “Good morning, Creator, thank you for listening; thank you for hearing, thanking you for being.  Your being allows my being. I ask (insert a request for a definitive support for your day).” Then I say:  “Thank you, thank you.  A million, million times thank you.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment