Monday, August 28, 2017

Sharing Our Will With The Divine

For most of us our first experience of turning our will over to the Divine is when we have run out of options.  How many times have the words "I give up!" or 'Help!" or "I can't do this anymore." or "F%*& this!" come out of our mouths. Those words are a first step toward sharing our Will with Divine.

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have habit of letting our life get to such edges of desperation before we become willing to change what we are doing, before we open the door for unseen options? Some of us are slow learners.  Some of us have grown up feeling we have to do it all our selves in order to deserve things getting better.

The practice of getting directions for living of our life from a source other than our habits, our egos, our emotions, or our minds, is just that...a practice.  It is a practice that is best done with at least one other person as witness and corroborator.  We share with one other person our intentions for the day, and we connect with them at the end of the day how we were able to hold and complete our intention, or how we were tripped up in our efforts.

Self Reflection:  What is the one area of my life I would be willing, maybe even LOVE to have a direction better than I where I am currently heading?  So far, what has kept me from giving my will over to Creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment