Friday, August 25, 2017

Waxing Moon: Contemplation and the Will

The first part of the moon cycle, the waxing moon is a more contemplative path/time.  Again, this does not mean there is no action, but rather the action, growth, shift, change, transformation, development, are happening from the inside out.  Often this internal process is not visible to others.  Sometimes, we are not even aware of it.   We go inside this seed of our being to see how, where and what is needed to nourish it to grow and be useful in the outer world. 

In the month of September, with the teaching and path to Live Truth, We ask for whatever we need to Live Truth as the Full path of our life: moment to moment in our day, and taking this commitment into our evening and sleeping/dreaming times and  beginning again every day.

To be willing is the first step in this path to Live Truth.  The suffix '-ing' implies action.  In this case, it implies an intention toward action.  '-ing' always seems to me to give me an out-I can still change my mind about doing whatever it is I am 'ing-ing' to do.

For example: I say I am willing to go on a food-detox program.  This doesn't mean I have begun the program.  It's more like a pre-commitment.  I may be willing, but I might never start the program.
This state of being willing is a critical state to experience on our path of personal and spiritual growth.  Consciously staying in a place of willingness, for as long as necessary, gives time and space for the seed of our purpose (our Life) to accept/receive the impulse to grow. We are willing, and sit with our willingness, and then we consciously choose to take action.

The next place to explore in the world of WILL is an understanding of the three kinds of will from which we live our life:  Our Will, Other people's Will and Divine Will (or God's Will/Creator's Will)

Self Reflection: What nourishment do I need to grow my life to Live Truth-Fully?

No comments:

Post a Comment