Saturday, August 12, 2017

Tools Part One: Where Two or More are Gathered

From Yesterday's blog post:

Support tools for letting go what no longer serves us AND for learning to serve in Truth:
1) Gathering with a few others to review the scene before any action (just be sure they aren’t enablers)
2) Praying (remember the running out the door prayer-that is enough)
3) Contemplating  (which means watching and listening and hearing)
4) Receiving help (as gracefully as currently possible)
5) Taking a ‘do-over’ and humbly beginning again (as many times as needed)


When we make a decision we often think we are making choices from our adult, matured, logical self.  But, we usually have a committee in our head all vying for a deciding vote. This committee is an accumulation of voices from our past experiences, other people's opinions, our fears, our dreams and...the list of members is a long one.

Even with a lot of personal growth and spiritual work, with therapy and a commitment to live in truth, these inner voices can take over as decision makers without our conscious awareness of where the decision comes from--until after we begin to experience the a feeling of  'buyer's remorse'. The solution is to create a conscious, purposeful committee  inviting Divine Direction for our decisions.

Self Reflection: I  gather around me friends and colleagues**, just a few, wise ones who know a bit more than me about any number of things.  Each has a gift and knowledge in their own way. They are willing to sit and consider the decisions, the choices, the paths before me.  We sit, three or more of us together and make a space for Divine to sit with us. I name the intention for the gathering. We ask questions, name the possibilities, I share fears, hopes, risks, givens.  Then I speak my vision for the outcome. My committee may help me with clarity for my vision.  We then sit in quiet for a bit and each speaks the thoughts that have come to them.  I sit a little longer, and then I know what to do.

**this gathering works best if it does not include any one who has a vested interest of any kind in the decision.   

P.S.  This sitting exercise can take as little as 10-15 minutes. It should take no longer than half an hour. It is not a discussion group!.  If you'd like  more information on setting up this kind of gathering for yourself, contact Carolyn, I would love to share my experience and how to.  






No comments:

Post a Comment